chris.cowap wrote:
> Hi
> Since a change onto a windows 10 machine, by Booms are having drop outs.
> Never had this issue on Vista (Yep  I know... dont judge me LOL) And
> that was possibly using < v1,6
> It just cant keep the buffer full.
> I can stream at high bit rates without any issue using Spotify, or
> Soundcloud, and the regualar 128bit stream from the BBC works fine too.
> My Touch doesnt seem to have an issue - presumably as no transcoding is
> needed?
> So i am suspecting its an issue with the transcosing from the DASH
> stream to whatever the Boom needs to see.
> Grater than 80% signal strength. No issues with the wifi.
> Any ideas ?
> Thanks
> Chris

There is some internal process scheduling change with Win 10 and
possibly 8 (i.e. not with Vista or 7). The result of this change affects
"Live" streams only when transcoding.
1.5.*->1.6.0  is a BBC URL change - no code change.

Do you have this problem with Listen Again ?

If not then change the BBCiPlayer plugin settings "Seconds to delay
start live stream"  to 1 min.
If buffering goes away - try reducing until you get an unstable system.