mherger wrote:
> > Question: Does Spotty allow to disabling/hiding music marked
> > "Explicit"?
>
> No, it hasn't.
>
> I was wondering how you'd expect this to work: from what I can tell that
>
> information is available for every track Spotify returns in a query. But
>
> I cannot tell Spotify not to return them. This could lead to the
> situation where I request 50 tracks, but end up with none, because all
> are explicit. Eg. I would offer playlists for playback which then
> wouldn't play. Is this a situation you could live with? How does
> Spotify's application handle this?
>
> --
>
> Michael

In the iOS app, I believe the tracks are shown dimmed and cannot be
played back. Interestingly though, the parental control setting is
changed from within the app, so not very hard for the kids to find out
how to disable it. Probably with a proper Spotify family account there
is a better solution, I dont know?

Anyhow, it would be nice to have a similar feature in Spotty. The
parental control could preferably be enabled/disabled in the LMS web UI,
and then tracks would be listed but play back disabled (automatically
skipped). It would also be nice if cover images of albums containing a
lot of explicit content could also be replaced with a generic image. I
remember when my 5-year old son searched for something completely
innocent in the former Spotify app when suddenly the not very
child-friendly cover image of the Rammstein album Sehnsucht appears in
his face (Thank you Rammstein!). Would of course be nice if such
situations could be prevented!! ;|