Hi Michael

I had a problem with tracks not starting at the beginning on my setup
that appears to be related to the time on different devices in my
setup.
I have an ODROID XU4Q running Dietpi, LMS 7.9.1, Spotty 2.6.6 and
Squeezelite. When I start a track from the Spotify app in connect mode
on my iPad Air the track often starts up to 35 seconds into the track.
Also when I go to the next or previous track.
The number of seconds it skips is constant from track to track, but can
be different from day to day. The problem will be gone ( for a while)
when I reboot the ODROID. Restarting LMS does not help.

Tracks do start at the beginning when I use chromecast on my NVIDIA
Shield from Spotify app or when I play through spotty from the LMS web
interface. (Only ODROID device involved).

The ODROID was set to emulate a hardware RTC and only sync time once a
day and at boot time. When I enabled the built in hardware RTC and
ntpdaemon drift compensation the problem disappeared!
Problems with the app sometimes showing different tracks than were
actually playing or spotty no longer responding to the app have also not
occured since then.

If I turn off ntp and set the ODROID time 30-60s in advance I get a
different behaviour: when I start a track the progress in the Spotify
iPad app stays at zero while the music is playing. When I pause and
restart a track the progress barr jumps around. I have not tested this
extensively.

Could differences in RTC time on different devices cause this type of
behaviour,( and possibly also problems other users are reporting)? I
understand the RPi does not have a hardware clock and relies on software
RTC emulation.