Just wanted to share my personal setup experience.  My wife finally
talked me into spotify premium last night, so today I went to see if I
could play spotify on the squeezebox, and found my way here.

My setup is a bunch of outdated dusty crap.  I run slimserver off of
obsolete, broken laptops in the basement.
- windows 7 professional N . (not very updated)
- LMS 7.9.0

I hit two snags on enabling spotty (2.6) on my old system:

[1] missing "vcruntime140.dll"
Resolved by installing MS Visual C++ 2015 runtime ('as noted back on the
1.1.0 announce post'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0))

[2] missing "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"
Resolved by installing the specific 'MS KB 2999226'
(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226) needed.

These two dependencies have me up and running.  Hope this might help
someone else.

Question for anyone: is direct play now supported on Windows? (i.e open
spotify on my phone, then direct it to play on a squeezebox)

Thanks to MHERGER and Happy New Year!