bpa wrote:
> pulseaudio could explain why you hear no audio - I hate pulseaudio.
>
> Is there a pactl command ? if so do a "pactl list"
>
> can you do a "ps" command showing full command line for the mplayer ?
>
> or perhaps using "ps" to find the mplayer process id and then use
> something like the following if process id was 123456

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > cat /proc/123456/cmdline

--------------------

Like this? (ps -axf)

16722 ?        S<s    0:00 /var/packages/AudioStation/target/bin/mplayer
-gapless-audio -ao alsa -unique USB -daemon /volume1/music/Jethro
Tull/The Best of- The Anniversary Collection/13 - Aqualung.flac -volume
9 /volume1/music/Jethro Tull/The
admin@Akela2:~$ cat /proc/16722/cmdline
/var/packages/AudioStation/target/bin/mplayer-gapless-audio-aoalsa-uniqueUSB-daemon/volume1/music/Jethro
Tull/The Best of- The Anniversary Collection/13 -
Aqualung.flac-volume9/volume1/music/Jethro Tull/The Best of- The
Anniversary Collection/02 - Beggar's Farm.flac