rgdawson wrote:
> It is weird the exact same letter appears correctly a couple times
> before appearing incorrectly.  Are you able to select and use the output
> devices that are incorrectly displayed?

I haven't tested that, yet (not my notebook), but I will do so.

Paul Webster wrote:
> What is being presented is A-tilde CurrencySign ... which in Unicode
> would be C3 A4 ... which if taken as UTF8 would be a-umlaut
>
> So - in the case of that particular device listing it appears to have
> provided the name in UTF8 but it is being presented as if Unicode.
> Presumably the charset of a device name is not consistent between device
> driver writers.
>
> Edit:
> The one at the bottom is presenting as a A-tilde Pilcrow sign ... which
> would be C3 B6 ... which in UTF8 would be o-umlaut (o-diaeresis)

That's what I meant and that's why I asked how to get to this list (or
the names) within Windows. Then I could have a look at the names there.
Maybe some are wrong from begin with.

QLMS 7.9.2@2.03.31 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4