philippe_44 wrote:
> If it can be seen by other application, then you might have a network
> configuration issue with something blocking discovery using multicast
> between the Jriver machine and the LMS machine

Thank you for you input.

Sadly, I think this issue is getting above my technical abilities.

I have researched online for guidance on checking multicast blocking and
have tried various tests recommended.  All suggest that multicast is not
blocked on my setup.

I have installed the Chromecast bridge plug-in which works perfectly
well in finding my Chromecast Audio and Media units on the network.
However, Chromecast is sub-optimal in my set-up.

I have tried another selection of UPnP and DNLA apps, which all see the
JRiver renderer with no issue (though discovery can take a minute or
more).

Alas, UPnPBridge will not see JRiver on my MacMini.

I am sure the issue lies somewhere in my network setup, but it is beyond
my meagre capabilities to solve it.

Many thanks.