cpd73 wrote:
> This is quite a big change to the code, but hopefully for the better.
> Main changes are:
>
> >   >
  -  Use 'view recycler' library to handle very large lists. When
  > visible are added to HTML document. Because of loading all items,
  > grids are restricted to a maximum of 300 items - if there are more a
  > list will be used instead. This is due to the recyler not supporting
  > grids, and adding a large amount of items to a grid is *very* slow.
  > When possible, an A..Z jump list is shown to the left of the list
  > allowing for quick navigation.
  -  Optionally show a large letter when scrolling lists, to indicate
  > current position. Only works if API supports 'textkey'
  -  Change 'Use grid' option to have 3 settings; never, always, and
  > only for local libraries.
  -  Use cometd for status updates, instead of polling server.
  -  Fix iOS drag'n'drop.
  -  Double-click queue item to play.
  -  Show times to left/right of now-playing progress bar, as opposed
  > to above the bar.
  -  When server connection is lost show spinner in place of main menu
  > button. Only after 10 seconds is full-screen connection lost dialog
  > shown. This is to help alleviate small disconnects on Android when
  > screen is locked for a while.
  -  Add setting for lock screen and notifications; never, always, or
  > only whilst playing.
  -  Allow list fetching commands to be cancelled via back and home
  > buttons in toolbar.
  > > >

> The cometd change removes -most- of the polling. Unfortunately, it
> seems as if cometed status messages can be quite delayed. I've seen
> with a queue of 2 second tracks, that an update is not always sent on
> track change. To help with this, material will poll every 1/2 second
> for the last 2 seconds of a track. Likewise, it also seems to be that
> if a setting (e.g. volume) is updated via JSONRPC that the update
> notification is not always immediate via cometd. For this reason, when
> changes are made material will request a status update via JSONRPC."Play
> album from track" from a track context menu does not seem to work
any more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk