I am trying to get an existing Max2Play installation to talk to a Pi
running OpenMediaVault and I can not get it to mount properly via nfs or
cfs.

The shared folder to use has been named Music on OMV with NFS, Samba and
FTP shares enabled with the device being called PiOMV, using the nfs
option to mount //piOMV/Music to /mnt/music supposedly gives the mount
succeeding but with no folders or files visible. cifs using the standard
user=name,password=pass,sec=ntlm,etc... as per the prompt below the
mounting interface gives mount error(115).

To answer the obvious questions, the shared folder shows up and can be
mapped as a network drive on a Windows laptop, using an OMV drive is
much more physically convenient for my setup and when we tried samba
shares via Max2Play previously there was a fairly massive crash on the
same laptop which required a complete restore which has put us off going
down that route.

Any clues where to start?