Interesting. i couldn't see any obvious weird characters in recently
added albums. But recently I had to rescan my (non-spotify) library of
local files in LMS and it kept failing with non-latin characters:
typically things like ’ (0146) which I started replacing with '. But
following your advice in an old post here
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106697-problem-with-non-Latin-characters/page2
I edited /etc/default/logitechmediaserver to add --charset=utf8
Could that explain the issue? I can try removing that edit tonight.

That parameter shouldn't break things, but enable features. What system are you running your LMS on?

--

Michael