marcoc1712 wrote:
> Correct,  but Qobuz uses STDIN (I) capability, nor Remote (R).
> The problem is that LMS require T to be disabled when I is enabled, I
> could not remember where exactly is the related code, but sure in
> TranscodingHelper or called form there, I could check if you need.

Hang on fellas.

The only reason that this has reared its head is me testing
phillchillbill's MediaSever skill for Alexa. This provides two modes of
operation 1) as a controller for existing players of whatever type and
2) as a player in its own right where it uses stream.mp3.

As far as 1) is concerned there is no issue with playing Tidal, Qobuz
etc although voice control needs perfecting.

It is 2) that generates the issue but we already know that Alexa Echo
devices are (in the main) HD capable from Amazon Music HD however at
present there is no documentation on how a developer can utilise that
capablity but surely that must only be a question of time?

If so is it even worth trying to transcode a remote stream for this
single use case which could go away very quickly.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng