bpa wrote:

> Are you trying to mix a 48kHz stream with the playback of a 44.1kHz
> squeezleite output ?

Not intentionally.  I'm simply using this Pi to act as a "media PC"
where the family can play what they like on it on the family room TV and
speakers.  I take the audio from the TV (HDMI Firestick, Roku,
Chromecast attached) and send it to the input of the Pi to be simply
passed on to the output and thus the speakers.  I also intend to play
local media via VLC or Web via Chromium Browser on the desktop using the
TV as it's monitor.  So, if the AudioInjector Soundcard on the Pi is
generating a 48kHz stream I'm not sure where it would be.  Perhaps from
it's RCA Line IN?

EDIT--- HOT DAMN - I THINK I FOUND IT!!!  Based on your clues I found
this in the Asoundrc page of the AlsaProject:
(https://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc)  > Some notes:

> The dmix PCM name is already defined in the global configuration file
> /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf.
>
> - The default sample rate for this device is 48000Hz. If you would like
> to change it use:
>
> aplay -D"plug:'dmix:RATE=44100'" test.wav

So I changed the following line in */usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf*
to now read *defaults.pcm.dmix.rate 41000*  It was, by default, 48000.

Reboot and now ole David Gilmore is sounding all grown up again and I
can simultaneously play Spongebob on the VLC player!   You guys are
awesome!  Come to the US and I'll buy you all a few beers and make you
some homemade Pizza!