Hi,

I am blind and I am using LMS since years via iPeng, which was no problem till iOS 13 has ben released :-(.

I have a screen reading software activated on my iOS devices which is called VoiceOver and which is included on every Apple device. That software is reading out the screen content and lets me use apps, websites, e.g. if they are developed with having accessibility isues in mind.

Since iOS 13 I am not longer able to switch between players because something has been changed by Apple in the way how menus are displayed. I already have contacted Pippin and he has taken a look, but unfortunatly he can't fix the problem without big workarounds in iPeng, so there no quick solution either by Apple or Pipin is possible :-(.

My next idea was to use the new material skin either via my iOS devices or a computer, but unfortunatly this is also not possible without bigger accessibility issues :-(. It seems that the skin could be useable with Firefox or Crome on a Windows 10 system, but with the Safari browser on my Mac Book I have very big problems.

I am seeing many unlabeled grafics and buttons without an alternative text description which could be fixed very easy IMHO and which could improve accessibility a lot because it would be clear to me, which function is behind a button.

Can this things fixed please so I can give it another try and see how good I can use the skin with my different devices?

BTW.: If you like to see and get a feeling how I am working with my computer or my iOS devices, you can either activate VoiceOver in the settings of your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer, or you can install the free screen reading software NVDA for Windows which can be downloaded from <https://nvaccess.org>. Just test the material skin with VoiceOver or NVDA enabled and you will see what feedback I get..., or what not :-).

It would be really great to improve accessibility of the material skin and make it also useable for screen reader users, because it can become a good alternative to the different apps for LMS and make LMS more accessible in general.

If I can support somehow and test something, just let me know.

Cheers and thanks a lot for your support,

  Schoepp