mherger wrote:
> > of course, you are right about going back to previous version. it
> made
> > *no* difference.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation :-)
>
> > it seems rather draconian for Spotify to reject outright any
> > authentication request;
>
> What I don't understand is why the token refresh only is an issue for "a
>
> few" users - but consistently for them. I've been playing Spotify tracks
>
> all day long. No problem so far...
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hello Michael,

I also have the token problem (I'm the starter of this thread:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?112084-Spotty-timed-out-Waiting-for-a-Token)

I use Spotty with a premium account, but this is part of a family
account. Maybe spotify is restricting this precisely due to the
increased streaming volume?

Maybe this is a possible explanation of why some are affected and others
are not. A downgrade to Spotty 3.1.3 and Spotty 4.0.2 (with which it
originally worked) did not solve the problem. I get the same errors in
the server.log

Oliver