Ok, I can confirm that the scanner fails on Fedora 32. Set it up in a VM and am seeing the exact error as you. And:

Code:
   >   > perl -MLWP::UserAgent -MIO::Socket::SSL -MData::Dumper -e
'IO::Socket::SSL::set_defaults(SSL_verify_mode => Net::SSLeay::VERIFY_NONE()); my $ua =
LWP::UserAgent->new(); my $r =
$ua->get("https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/albums?limit=50&offset=0";); print Dumper($r);'

This test unfortunately is misleading. I bet you did install all those modules yourself. Then that test would pass. But using the module versions that come with LMS the above test would fail like the scanner does...

Most likely it's some incompatibility with the recent Perl or something. Which would still be a bit surprising, as that Perl build has been around for a while for other distros and seems to be working fine there.

I'll try to update the modules in question in my LMS copy and see whether that will help.

Michael