I set up a tidal account today to stream flac to my my squeezeboxes, SB3
and SBtouch.

I forked out the big bucks for a hifi account. It is my first venture
into subscription music.

I use two LMS. An older (772) version on my QNAP (where my CD rips are)
and a freshly downloaded 776 with the tidal install on a win10 laptop. I
was pleasantly surprised that everything just worked when I installed a
second LMS. (...well almost all...)

I just can't get it to stream in flac. I have selected the FLAC option
in the Tidal plugin, restarted etc

Do we have to wait till the end of the tidal opt out period? Is not all
music available in flac?

In the longer term I'll probably migrate to a single server once I work
out what subscription music is working on what platform. An extra memory
stick and a linux VM on the qnap looks tempting.