slartibartfast wrote:
> If players are synchronised without using the group players plugin then
> a player which is powered on later will join the sync group. I thought
> the plugin would act in the same way.
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes but that's one of the differences with the group: it is assembled
when playback starts. I gives a lot of flexibility, but small drawbacks
like this one. It would be complicated to implement but it's also a
design choice b/c I don't want players to be "grabbed" when they are
powered while one of their groups is already playing. It would be a user
annoyance when power up a player to have it suddenly join a dynamic
group. Say SB "bedroom" is off (I want peace) but Group "podcast" (which
normally includes SB "bedroom" plays, listened by Wife. I'm powering up
SB "bedroom". I don't want the podcast to play my bedroom. Not
mentioning that a player can be member of multiple groups, so which one
to choose

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5