Ron F. wrote:
> Yes, faac! My server is running Ubuntu 18.04, and I installed faac. I
> thought it should be able to output AAC, similar to how lame streams
> MP3, but I could not get it to work with LMS.

My guess is that you're not telling faac what format is the input.
Spotty spits raw pcm, not wav so faac has no idea what it is receiving.
You can have a look at the other rules

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3