Philip Meyer wrote:
> I like to use the material skin on my mobile device.  However, launching
> a shortcut to the URL opens LMS with material skin in a new chrome tab.
> I often have have several tabs open in Chrome, so it makes it awkward
> when switching apps/web browser tabs, and I often find I've launched it
> a few times and have multiple tabs open.
>
> In the past I've used apps that can build a dedicated app wrapper around
> a web page, such that this can be launched as a separate app outside of
> Chrome, optionally with/without additional browser capabilities, such as
> menu strip/toolbar, search facility.
>
> I've not had a lot of luck finding one that works well with LMS material
> skin.  Has anyone had any success like this?
>
> Phil

If you mean Chrome on Android, I've just tried "Add to homescreen" and
this works fine. A launcher icon is created that starts Material in
fullscreen with no location bar, etc. However, as LMS is not HTTPS,
whenver you enter text Chrome will show a warning strip along the top
stating the site is insecure. For this, and other reasons, I created the
Material APK.

If you mean desktop Chrome, when you create the shortcut tick "Open as
window"

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.