I did have a quick look around for this but as it's such a monster
thread I couldn't seem to search it that efficiently - sorry :o

On the default skin I get a message at the bottom to say if a new
version of LMS is available, and in Material I get a lime green blob by
the main menu in the top right for this too. However, if there is a
plugin update requiring a restart I also get this notification at the
bottom of the screen on the default skin. Is there a way of showing this
in material please?

Also a big fan of this work. Particularly how the skin behaves on small
mobile phones, tablets and the PC

My LMS is on Windows 10