oneleveller wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have some difficulties with the integration of a T&A Caruso, first
> edition. It seems to be a real diva.
>
> My complete setup is as follows
>
> Raspberry PI 3B, with latest Picoreplayer as a server, running LMS 8.1
> Squeezebox Touch
> Squeezebox Radio
> 2 Squeezebox Classic
> Raspberry PI A with HifiBerry
> Rasberry PI 3B with HifiBerry
>
> via Airplay-Bridge: Apple TV2
> via UPNP-bridge: T&A Caruso und Philips Smart TV 49/PUS8303-12
>
> RemoteApps: Ipeng(iPhone) and Squeezpad (iPad)
>
> Server and Clients are connected via LAN using a TP-Link Gigabit switch
> Fixed ip-dresses via Router (FritzBox 7590)
>
> Although there is an initial login and the Caruso is listed in the
> configuration file, (after turning on the Caruso and it´s succesfull
> connection to the net) the Caruso does sometimes show up as a player in
> LMS, sometimes does not.
>
> And - if succesfully connected to LMS - from time to time an unforced
> loss of connection takes place. For a reconnection i have to restart the
> Caruso. All in all a very strange behaviour and i have no idea how to
> force LMS to recognize the diva and remain into a stable contact.
> Opposite to that the PhilipsSmartTV immediately shoes up in LMS every
> time after powering on and, if turning on both devices simulatanously,
> the Caruso shows up too.
>
> What i did next, is to set the Parameter "Remove Timeout" to -1
> individually for the Caruso (see pics). Helps a little bit not to loose
> the contact if connected, although the streaming failed from time to
> time.
>
> Any idea how to force LMS to recognize the Caruso everytime after being
> switched on and to get to a more stable connection?
>
> Thank You and best regards
>
> Thomas

Take a log so that I can see what's happening when it disconnects.

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3