cpd73 wrote:
> LMS lets you configure the browse-modes per player, which is one of the
> things I do not like. I can see why you would want this to configure
> what is shown on the *hardware* player, but (IMHO) it should not affect
> what is shown in a software controller that affects multiple players.
> (For instance I hate it in SqueezeCtrl when I browse into an Artist,
> realise I'm on the wrong player, switch player, and browse goes back to
> the top). For this reason, Material configure's its list of modes
> per-Material instance. And this is shown earlier in this thread - a few
> posts back.
Sorry, you have told me before, but I was unable to find the setting
anywhere, after ages looking everywhere I could think of.  Personally I
think it very confusing, but we are all different.  I'll just have to
try to get used to it.  Searching this enormous set of posts is also
becoming really difficult - not your fault of course :-)

LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touches & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with
Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.