SamY wrote:
> Okay. The log looks good except for a lot of timeouts due to the high
> number of requests. I suggest trying a larger volume increment per press
> in the app to cut down on the network traffic. 5 seems to work well for
> me in Squeezer. Also, if you are looking for more volume output from the
> AVR, you need to increase the max volume in the plugin from -10 back to
> a higher value. A setting of -10 limits the maximum volume of the AVR to
> 70dB, or 10dB below the commonly accepted reference level of 80dB. From
> what you have been saying, it sounds as though you are using relatively
> inefficient speakers that require more power to reach your desired
> listening levels. Your previous max volume plugin setting of +15 would
> change the maximum volume of the AVR to 95dB, which would be pushing it
> close to its theoretical maximum capacity. For comparison, I rarely get
> my Denon AVR-3311ci above 55dB, even when playing classic rock under the
> influence of mind-altering substances. ;-)  The LMS volume scale is
> maintained on a scale of 1-100, which can be understood as a percentage
> of the maximum. Therefore, in your present setup, an LMS setting of 90
> corresponds (roughly, as it's not a linear scale) to 90% of 70dB, or
> 63dB. Using a max volume plugin setting of +15, an LMS setting of 90
> would result in 90% of 95dB, or ~86dB which, in my system, would result
> in me shopping for new speakers.
>
> I hope this has been helpful. Happy listening!

Thanks for explaining the amp vol to me, makes sense. My speakers are
outdoor ones that are reasonably inefficient, but as of last weekend
they are feeding through a Klipsch powered sub so they are no longer
handling the low end... what a difference!

Cheers, David

*Server*rpi3 pCP5.0.1 LMS7.9.2
*Media*USB hard drive
*Lounge/dining areas*SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
*Family/kitchen*SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco*as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
*Others*SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids