kidstypike wrote:
> I'll try again.
>
> Plugins only ever get auto-updated with a restart of LMS. LMS doesn't
> restart itself to do this. If for whatever reason you stop/start or
> restart LMS, the plugins are auto-updated and you will be blissfully
> unaware of this.
>
> If plugins are ready to be updated and you go to LMS > settings, you
> will be given notification of this and the option to restart LMS.
Ok, it might explain the situation better if I say that I rarely go to
LMS settings. Also I rarely restart LMS unless I see a notification in
the *player* UI prompting me so to do (because of an LMS s/w update
being available).
I have never seen a msg saying that LMS needs to be restarted to update
plugins. Hence my suggestion for an LMS auto-restart option at an
off-peak time if that's what the plugin auto-update option requires to
effect those updates.