Jaca wrote:
> Why LMS on NAS you ask..
> Why not. My DS218+ handles it well alongside other services and I just
> like idea of keeping it all in one place (on device which is on 24/7
> anyway)
> [emoji23]

Well, I have a DS916+, and yes it handles LMS well. However, the why not
for myself; is why we are having this discussion in the first place.
Software Obsolescence and more 'pieces of software'.  I used to run
pinkdot's stuff on my NAS few a few years, and now we are going the
Docker route. And when you said "You like the idea of keeping it all in
one place" --- I do too, but I'm thinking of the software, not the
hardware. That is where we spend most of our time 'tinkering', rather
than the hardware.

When I moved to the Rpi Model 4, I detected a snappier, fast response
from LMS also. Couple this with the PcP developers recommend a Rpi to
run LMS and all of the PcP software is 'Packaged' in the PcP Download.
Also, most of my listening is via Streaming, either radio stations or
Qobuz.... My NAS is on but usually sleeping most of the time.

I Just wanted your opinion on what you thought the advantages are... It
doesn't seem like a big thing either way. - It's good to have options.