MichaelPr wrote:
> Ahh - OK thanks for explanation! Make sense. I just tested wit V1.10
> before I read you answer and you are right. Exactly the same behavior.
> Btw, radio station buffer is set to  3sec. (guess that are my 2 to 3
> sec.) and radio station timeout is set... to 15 sec. make sense, right?
> :D
IIRC CDplayer set the effective radio station buffer to small value when
playing CD track so that to make playback ASAP.

> I just noticed - the differences between this CD and others seems to be
> CD TEXT. But finally I guess the easiest is to skip this CD ;)
> Nevertheless, I'm wondering how VLC and the Win 10 PC handles it (also
> using MusicBrainz and the same Internet connection). Especially
> Pause/Play doesn't have any delay. LMS/ CDplayer seems to be to seek the
> position again and load/cache data.

CD with CD-Text are rare but CD-Text should not be the cause of the
delay.  I did test with a CD-Text CD.

CD reading is mainly handled at OS level so VLC will probably be similar
to cdd2wav on same OS.

In CDplayer context Windows CD handling is crude and CDplayer could only
use cdda2wav and be less informative about state of CD drive. Handlign
CD from Windows API is horrible.

No idea what the Muscibrainz speculation is about - it has nothing do
with CD handling - IIRC it is just looking up an id based on track
lengths from info on CD TOC.