Aesculus wrote:

> I would assume that in analog mode you would set your Quick Select to
> the loudest volume level you ever want to play from the Squeezebox and
> then use the Squeezebox volume control (or client) to send a % of that
> to the Denon.

I agree with Chris. If you are determined to use variable player output
(against our recommendations), you should set the Quick Select volume to
the dB level you want it to be when you increase the analog player
volume to 100%, which I would expect to be much higher than the 27dB
that you are using now. With the player output fixed at 100% on my
system, I routinely listen at levels of around 50dB. I understand that
the number will vary depending on things like the efficiency of your
speakers, but 27dB still seems way too low.

Sam