SamY wrote:
> At the risk of being redundant...
>
> Running with the Zone 2 LMS player output level set to 100% does not
> mean that you lose the ability to set the Zone 2 AVR volume from your
> LMS client app. And it has absolutely no effect on your main zone
> settings. On the contrary, it will allow you to do EXACTLY what you are
> trying to do. Just set the Zone 2 player output level to 100% in LMS,
> define your Zone 2 Quick Select to set the initial Zone 2 preamp volume
> when it is powered on, and use your client app from wherever you are,
> whether it's on the porch, at the neighbor's house, or anywhere else in
> range of your wifi router, to control every aspect of the player,
> including the volume. It's a no-brainer, and is the way the plugin was
> meant to work. I am still waiting for someone to present me with a valid
> scenario that would require, or even make sense for, running the plugin
> with variable LMS player output. I'm starting to understand why Peter's
> Denon plugin requires that it to be set to 100% or it won't even start
> up. I blame much of the confusion regarding this issue on the wording of
> the LMS player menu option description, which is unclear and prone to
> misinterpretation. Anyway, give it a try and keep enjoying your
> Squeezebox experience.

What if I am using only one LMS player feeding to both Z1 & Z2 of the
amp? Both zones are receiving the same signal simultaneously. I will
have a play with it all as suggested.

Cheers, David

*Server*rpi3 pCP7.0.1 LMS8.1.2
*Media*USB hard drive
*Lounge/dining areas*SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
*Family/kitchen*SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco*as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
*Others*SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids