DavidBulluss wrote:
> What if I am using only one LMS player feeding to both Z1 & Z2 of the
> amp? Both zones are receiving the same signal simultaneously. I will
> have a play with it all as suggested.

Okay. Now I understand what you're trying to do. First of all, let's
assume that you are running with player volume fixed at 100%. Since, as
you know, each LMS player can be assigned to only one zone in the plugin
menu, my first question is "Which zone did you assign it to?".
Whichever it is, when you are in that zone, you have full control of the
player with your client app, including the AVR volume for that zone.
When you are in the other zone, however, the volume must be controlled
by that zone's remote or the front panel controls. So, from what you
have said about your setup, I would think you have assigned the plugin
to Zone 2, since it is far away from your AVR. When you are in the main
zone, you can control all aspects of the player except the volume via
the app, and control the volume via the AVR remote, just as with any
other input source. That is probably how I would do it anyway. The only
caveat is that you would have to power on the player, and thus Zone 2,
in order to use the client app to control the player in the main zone.
Of course, you could simply mute the player in the client app after
turning it on, which would mute Zone 2, as long as you didn't try to use
the client volume controls, which would unmute it. The bottom line is
that you are trying to use the plugin in a way it was not designed to be
used --- to control two different AVR zones with one player.

Coincidentally, however, another plugin user made an enhancement request
just yesterday to allow for this situation to be supported. The way it
would be done is to allow for switching zones on the fly via the client
app menu. So, in your scenario, if you were listening to music in Zone 2
and wanted to continue listening in the main zone, you would switch
zones in the app. This would power on the main zone and switch the
control to it, while optionally powering off the Zone 2 in the process.
What are your feelings about that possibility?

Sam