I carried out a 'Clear and rescan' in LMS 8.1 within Docker on my
Synology DS218+ last night.  I have around 25,000 tracks and some 600
playlists. A scan with the "regular" LMS 7.9 installed using Synology
Package Centre takes just over an hour, but the Docker rescan took over
3 hours!

Anyone got any tips about Docker or DSM settings which can up the speed
of these rescans please?

Here's what I set for LMS in the Docker container:

I think more important than Docker parameters would be to know your LMS configuration. Eg. can you compare the scan progress information on Settings/Information for the two instances?