cpd73 wrote:
> [Edit] Changed default to 30 seconds.
I did actually change exactly that value in your code for testing. You
probably won't believe this (I wouldn't) but even though logic dictates
otherwise in the end I wasn't able to get rid of this timeout problem
until I set timeout: 30 in the plugin prefs file. A mystery. :-) Anyway,
it works now, so...

cpd73 wrote:
> As you noted 'don't repeat album' does not apply to 'Various Artists' -
> my thinking was they are already a mix of similar tracks, so no harm if
> they play one after another. I just did not want repeated tracks by the
> same artist - which Musly seems to produce very often

I see. I'm usually hoping for musly to give me similar tracks but also
from different sources/albums/artists/genres. It's an interesting way to
(re)discover my library. So for a compilation would mean similar tracks
but the same source.

One suggestion if I may: often it either takes too many clicks (iPeng)
or it's impossible (jivelite - pCP, Touch, Radio) to access a plugin's
setting page. Therefore I thought maybe you could just register 2
similarity DSTM mixers: 1 without and 1 with enabled genre filtering.
The DSTM menu is only 1 click away and also available in jivelite.