afriend wrote:
> Therefore I thought maybe you could just register 2 similarity DSTM
> mixers: 1 without and 1 with enabled genre filtering.

Done.

afriend wrote:

> I'm really using Musly/Similarity a lot right now and sometimes I wish
> there were other ways to use the similarity score/musly results than
> DSTM.
> Like... choose a track and get a list with similiar tracks by that
> track's artist, starting with the most similar ones.

I guess this could be accessed via the 'More' menu. Like how 'Create
similarity mix' is accessed. I'll have to give it some thought.

afriend wrote:

> Or... get a list of similar dancable tracks from a certain decade and a
> certain genre.

Musly does not indicate if its danceable, etc, that needs something like
Essentia - which the MusicSimilarity can plugin can use as a backend.
Essentia tries to classify tracks (aggresive, danceable, accoustic,
etc). I then thought about using the scores of these characteristics as
a way of finding similar tracks. (This is the reason I renamed this
mixer from Musly to Similarity - as it can use either Musly or Essentia
data).

afriend wrote:
> The DynamicPlaylist plugin allows such choices before starting a mix.
> Maybe musly/similarity could be used with DPL? I don't know. Just
> throwing around some ideas...

I don't use DPL, and (AFAIK) its been abandoned by its author.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.