agbagb wrote:
> I listen to the BBC (usually Radio 4 FM) here in France, usually these
> days via the Sounds plug-in.  Lot's and lots of interruptions these last
> 2 days with that annoying "Rights Restrictions" message over-riding the
> programming.  I'm getting that same message via Sounds, the old iPlayer
> streams (both UK and non-UK) and even the BBC's own mp3 stream.  Anybody
> else getting the same?  It of course always happens from time to time,
> with specific programming or segments / guests.  But I'm getting it now
> half-way through, for example, a sports report, or an interview with a
> UK politician....

I only listen to a few BBC "Listen Again" and so don't encounter rights
restrictions but from dealing with BBCiPlayer plugin I got to know when
rights restrictions messages typically occurred.

You should not be getting any rights restrictions messages on UK
streams.

Are you outside the UK and using a VPN to access UK streams ?
BBC often actively try to restrict VPN access. With BBCiPlayer plugin,
some VPN users had to use the Limelight CDN as their VPNs didn't work on
the Akamai CDN URLs. I believe BBC have now moved away from Limelight.
If you are UK based it's possible you are getting caught by accident
(i.e. a VPN is using the same ISP as yourself for the UK access) and so
should report it to BBC.