Man in a van wrote:
> @rbl
>
> What sort of flacs ? How were they ripped?
>

> Where are they stored ?
>

> How did you install squeezelite ?
>

> Buster Desktop or Lite ?
>

> Which power supply for the rpi ?
>

> When does the popping occur, how often, has it always been present or is
> it recent ?
>
> Anything in the logs ? (server and maybe scanner)
>
> ronnie

- the FLACs were ripped from CDs using Exact Audio Copy
- they are stored on a 256GB USB 3.0 stick stuck in the side of the Pi4
- I downloaded the latest armhf from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezelite/linux/ .
Unzip it, and then "sudo mv squeezelite  /usr/bin/squeezelite". I have
checked it is the latest version running.
- Buster desktop
- using a Samsung USB charger rated at 2.0A output. The Pi4 is doing
nothing else, it just sits there running LMS/Squeezelite.
- the popping seems to come and go, but when it occurs it is a very soft
popping, random, but about once a second. It is not very noticeable
- I can't see anything that looks interesting in the server log. The
scanner log is empty, perhaps as I upgraded LMS from the April version
today but didn't rescan the library (doing that now).

On the topic of PSU, I put another USB stick in the Pi a month ago or
so. Is it possible that tipped it over the edge? Not sure when the
problem started as I  usually only listen to radio on the Pi4. But the
popping noise has never happened on the SB3s (even when sync'd to the
Pi).

SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI
subwoofer
3 x SB3s + SB Radio
LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround