medoc wrote:
> If this refers to upmpdcli, this is I think not the case.
> SetNextAVTransportURI should just happen before the current track stops.
> Actually the best time to send it is right after the track starts, but
> as long as it comes before playing stops, upmpdcli will use it. Of
> course, if it comes so late that the mpd buffer empties before the next
> track data can begin streaming,  playing can't be continuous. This would
> depend on the details of mpd buffering, but I would not be too surprised
> if setnext needed to happen a couple seconds before the end of track for
> things to be seamless.

100% agreed - in the case of the bridge, it’s is sent when the player
has received all data from track N, which, depending on player’s buffer
length and codec, is likely many seconds

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3