I have this same problem and it seems to happen only to Artists I have
more than 100 albums of.
And if if you click on one of the duplicates Albums it sometimes will
add more of the same title.

Also a bigger problem is that when you go into one of these Artist with
over 100 albums, some of the albums Disappear..

1. - Let me try to explain, I click on the Artist icon then go to the
artist I want (Beatles, Stones, Pearl Jam, Springsteen, Various Artists
- all have over 100 titles) all albums are there in the correct order. I
then click on any album to open up. When I click to go back to All
albums, some are gone!!!. If I back out again to the list of Artists and
then go back again they are all there even the ones that disappeared. If
I click on a different album, then go back they disappear again.

It also seems to be the same titles that are disappearing so it’s not
random. I can’t for the life of me figure out why these albums are
disappearing. I have the albums listed by year, for instance for the
Stones some of the Titles that go missing are “England’s Newest Hit
Makers, Out Of Our Heads, Now!,). I have checked the tags for the
missing titles and can not find any thing that would make them drop.I
have also noticed that if I count how many albums I have in that decade
for the Stones 60’s I have 20 albums, but the amount is cut in half
when I go back. I looked in the amount for the next decade and noticed
that the titles that disappeared is again half.