staresy wrote:
> OK, I've done a bit of experimenting, and it works, nearly...
>
> So taking 1.FM Reggae Trade from Radionet as an example station, I'll
> try to explain:
>
> Scenario 1:
> From material, if I click on the station logo from the radionet plugin
> search window and add to favourites, the station is added to favourites
> as (https://www.radio.net/s/1fmreggaetrade). In this case the station
> plays from material skin, and correctly displays the station logo in the
> favourites list and whilst playing. However, in this scenario trying to
> play the favourite using the Mediaserver Skill fails, I assume because
> Mediaserver is trying to use a URL via the radionet plugin?
>
> Scenario 2:
> If I start the stream playing and save the favourite from the now
> playing list, the favourite is saved as
> (https://strm112.1.fm/reggae_mobile_mp3). In this scenario the station
> correctly plays from material favourites list and also from the
> MediaServer skill, but in this scenario no station logo is displayed
> regardless of where I initiate the favourite call (i.e from material or
> Mediserver).
>
> So is it possible either for Mediaserver to handle the URL in Scenario
> 1, or can a Station Logo be retrieved in Scenario 2?

I just had a play with this and I can see that Material is using
["favorites","playlist","play","menu:favorites","item_id:eb5e0bb8.8","isContextMenu:1"]]
to play the favorite (which is what I used to do). I guess this method
invokes the plugin whereas a direct URL play (which I now do) like
["playlist","play","https://www.radio.net/s/1fmreggaetrade";]] is
skipping it?

If -all -stations that should play via the "menu:favorites" route have
radio.net in their URL then I can easily check on that and make sure to
use that method to play them. Is that the case?