Looking for help with volume control of a new NAD T778 (BluOS).

The situation feels a bit weird. LMS will happily control the NAD,
volume and all.  When I operate the volume control of the NAD, it will
move the stateful volume slider of a genuine Apple AirPlayer.  It will
also move the stateful volume slider in the BluOS app.  But the stateful
volume slider in LMS will not change.  When I move the volume in LMS,
the slider in BluOS (and on iPhone) follows.

My settings are
volume_mode = Hardware
volume_trigger = No
volume_feedback = Yes

Another thing that irritates about the NAD/BluOS is that the built-in
streamer (on Source 6) is open to hijack.  They have any number of
streaming clients listening on that port (eg AirPlay, Spotify, BluOS,
...) and the last controller always wins.  When I hijack Source 6 via
LMS/AirPlay, Spotify and BluOS stop;  I have configured

prevent_playback = STOP

but when I hijack the NAD from Spotify or BluOS, LMS does not stop.

In short, it seems that the hand-shake between the NAD and the AirBridge
isn't working, although it also seems (from observing other controllers)
that the NAD is not the guilty party (for not sending the hand-shake).

For what it is worth, the NAD runs AirPlay 2.  I dunno what version of
the AirPlay protocol the AirBridge runs.