mherger wrote:
> > Hi Michael, I guess you were not able to get the rating stars
> > implemented? Not possible or lack of time and urgency? (Which is
> > understandable of course, although it is a feature I would much like)
>
> I thought that back then (you're quoting from 6 years ago :-)) we came
> to conclude that people didn't care much about ratings other than their
>
> own. I haven't further looked into this.
>
> Would you imagine this to be part of the music information, rather than
>
> the built-in ratings.

Hi Michael, to be honest: I got interested in these ratings due to your
much appreciated integration of the online libraries of Tidal and
Spotify etc... Because of  the large numbers of now available music in
view, the ratings would give me insight of which albums are perceived
best/better. So when exploring/discovering they help me determine which
albums to listen first at...
Some sorting option would therefore be helpful: Roon, I observed, also
has a sorting option that makes use of this rating to order the "most"
interesting albums first...)

I do understand people use rating now for their own filtering and
creation of playlists, and as such the trackstat plugin was probably
very helpful. To be honest I do not put that effort in cataloguing,
especially as AI at Spotify does a good job at predicting what I might
like, and I do like to get surprised and discover new music and even
listen to tracks I like less. The artist did put creative effort in it,
and as such I do not mind that the AllMusic ratings are on album level
and not on track.
That said: the "picks" on track level might be very interesting to
implement on track level as well....

Basically these are some of the few features from Roon I like: the
"ratings" to see what album are generally liked, the "picks" that the
AllMusic editors find worthy of attention, the "dynamic range" info of
the albums, the parametric equalizer (for use with my headphones)...
It is great that LMS allows a lot to be done with plugins, so i hope
these features get a place somewhere sometime... (i have btw kind of
managed something for the peq with sox and and the custom_conv.conf)

I did see the AllMusic Ratings tag in the input for the MAI plugin, so
it maybe should not be to complicated to at least make them visible and
maybe insert into the ratings field when still empty?