w3wilkes wrote:
> To get the "*THIS IS NOT AN UTDATE!!! *" text in the not an update 3.2.2
> you must use the Default LMS skin -> Settings -> Plugin tab. For those
> using material it just appears as though there's some type error and
> Material just shows a never ending update for DPL. When selected it just
> goes back to showing there's an update to DPL. This leaves Material skin
> users thinking there's some type of an error in the install.
Fair point. Removed DPLv3 entry completely from LMS main repo. Should
disappear with next LMS main repo update.

w3wilkes wrote:
> Probably would have been cleaner if this plugin was created as a brand
> new plugin called something like DPL3 and not mess with the old
> deprecated Erland plugins.
When you're trying to maintain as much backwards compatibility as
possible for a plugin that has ties to other plugins unsurprisingly you
can't just go and rename everything (even if you had the time).
And I did give DPL v3 a different plugin ID which should have prevented
auto-updating from v2 to v3. But LMS ignored this and (auto-)updated
because the plugin name was a match. Something I couldn't anticipate.
But now that I've pulled v3 from the main repo everybody can easily
switch back to v2 and be happy. It's a choice.

'*github repos*' (https://github.com/AF-1/)