cpd73 wrote:
> When you select an item material remembers its index, and when you
> shift+select the next it selects from this previous to new index. When
> you unselect an item the remebered index is forgotten. The only way to
> work-around that would be to remember the order of selected items.
>
> I guess I could make ctrl+select the same as shift+select? This would be
> different to how (e.g.) windows handles select, but then Material is
> already different (by not needing ctrl+select to select an item if
> another is selected).

Its not an issue, and now that I know how it works, I think it's great.
I had not used select allot to date. I was just playing with the podcast
order thing. I generally play albums, internet stations, podcasts, one
at a time. I was just reporting something in noticed in case it's
undesirable behavior (the b word). I ran across it because I initiated a
select (item1), then trying to select mistakenly did a control select
(item 10), then realized a wanted a range, unselected (10), then shift
select (10) and it didn't select all (1-10), so I thought "didn't
work".

I now know that the range select that didn't "work" (per your message
and my test) is from the previous (10) to the next (10), and that's what
I saw.

I now realize your technique is very flexible and actually ideal. If I
do the above again, I can simply do a shift select of (2) after, and the
range is selected. your technique makes it easy for me to say select
1-10,17,30-50,16,20, etc.

Thanks for making me think about it, I learned something today!
Jim