I got the log. The problem is the same as two other users had before:
The squeezeserver starts the playback before it has finished building
the playlist. And this prevents my plugin from jumping to the bookmarked
track.

In their case it was caused by the squeezeserver build for their
Synology NAS. This could be solved by switching to a different build for
the Synology.

At the time i couldn't reproduce the error - but i will setup a
squeezeserver based on Ubuntu 17.10 server and see if this installation
will also show this weird behaviour.

My guess is that this is caused by the rather outdated Ubuntu 17.10