I did some further testing and your are right: bitrate is always
synchronised even for my own music  library. Thanks Slartibartfast for
making me aware of this.

My confusion was because I didn't know the max bitrate of the individual
players. So for Squeezebox Boom max sample rate is 48 kHz and for my
Libratone players it is 96 kHz. So no limitation from the Qobuz plugin.

I guess changing this in general on LMS, so bitrate is not always
synchronised, requires a lot of effort because LMS would need to figure
out potential subgroups to synchronise and in addition send out
different bitrates for each of such subgroups.

Would be cool to have the option to choose "high quality bitrate
reduction" though 😊
Thomas

--
Setup in two locations:
LOCATION 1:

*LOCATION 2:
[B]Server*:  RPi 4 running LMS 8.3
*Players*: RPi 4 w. SqueezeLite + 1 SB boom 2 x Libratone Zipp,

*Remotes*: Mobile phone OnePlus 5  with SqueezeCtrl and Orange Squeeze
*Streaming Service*:  Qobuz