mherger wrote:
> My thoughts? Sounds interesting! That said: I doubt there are many Mixed
>
> In Key users out there... so unless you do this yourself for your own
> needs, there's little chance you'll find someone picking up the idea.
>
> Are you up for the challenge? Willing to learn some Perl, probably some
>
> SQL, too? Then I'd start looking into some of the other mixer plugins,
> trying to get an understanding of how things work in LMS. Then get some
>
> SQLite client (I'm using the open source https://sqlitestudio.pl) to get
>
> an idea of the queries you'd use to get the information out of LMS'
> database.
>
> And when you have question, just ask in the dev section of this forum.

Thank you both for your prompt replies...

I might be up for the challenge. I'm a (former) developer myself -
mainly on the analysis side these days, but I do have some reasonable
SQL knowledge. Perl would be new... but never say never! Time is the
real problem these days though - but I might be up for it.

I realise my request here was somewhat bespoke - given the use of Mixed
in Key - but as mentioned, this need not be limited to that alone, and
could be used for any comments users tend to add to their collection.

I've yet to decide whether or not Mixed in Key is the way to go (the
software was avaialble at a reduced price on a Black Friday deal, so I
thought I'd give it a go)... but I agree, it's not ideal. As has already
been noted though, there are however a number of other options for
analysing music keys out there that may be an option. From a personal
level though, I think the Energy detail is likely the more important
than the key - I've not yet looked at/for other options in that space.

@michael - I'll take a look at the developer forums, and see what I can
learn there.

@cpd73 - I noted your post on the DSTM mixer and thought being on
Windows that would not be an option for me... Thanks for the links. I've
dabbled in Python in the past, so I'll take a look.