Blew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem in not being able to play .DFF files of DSD
> SACD rips. I am streaming from LMS to a Marantz M-CR611 via the
> UPnPBridge plugin.
>
> As per the specifications, playback of .DFF DSD files is supported via
> network play on the Marantz M-CR611.
> I have "dsf,dff,aif,pcm,flc,mp3,ogg,ogf,aac,alc" in the "UPnP player
> audio capabilities" section of the plugin configuration page of the LMS
> GUI, and both .DFF and .DSF are set to native in the player File Types
> configuration page.
> All other supported files appear to play fine this way. Interestingly,
> .DSF DSD files play fine too, with DSD appearing on the M-CR611 display
> to confirm this. I can even convert the same .DFF files to .DSF and then
> they play fine!
> I can also play the same .DFF files off a USB stick on the M-CR611
> fine.
>
> I can't figure out why this would be. Is it a bug in the UPnPBridge? Or
> a bug in the Marantz firmware that only affects the network play?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Yes I know I could, and probably should, mass convert all .DFF to .DSF,
> but it's a problem that I'd rather solve without doing that.

I've never looked at these format much. DFF seems to be the least
popular though b/c of lack of metadata, no? Here the bridge just do
passthrough and as @Paul Webster said, the best is to post a log so that
I can have a look

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3