Roland0 wrote:
> I assume you've changed something, since this is now a different error:
>

> (in your case, the TTS engine is "/home/tc/gTTS.sh", so run that -as the
> LMS user- from the shell. Check for permission issues first.)

Hi Roland, I did only two things, also did recognize the different error
message (I thought it is because of switching on debugging maybe)
1) I saw a lot of Spotty plugin error messages in the log, but anyway
I'm not using it - so I've uninstalled
2) Switched on "(plugin.lmsannounce) - LMS Announce" debugging, and set
the flag "keep log settings when restarting" - then I've restarted the
piCorePlayer LMS

I'll go again through the list and give feedback:
a) First, check from the shell if your TTS engine actually works (using
the account LMS runs as, e.g. squeezeboxserver).
b) After that, switch logging to debug for the plugin (LMS Web
interface/Settings/Advanced/Logging/plugin.lmsannounce). Search the
server log for lines like announceTTS: command: /usr/bin/mimic -o
/tmp/annTTS.wav -voice awb -t "message"
c) and check if the command is correct and works from a regular shell
(delete /tmp/annTTS.wav when done).