prabbit wrote:

> 1. My music-similarity.db does have high-level analysis data in it.
> Because my API server is running on Windows, it appears as if high-level
> analysis is turned off: "essentia.highlevel set to False". Because there
> is high-level analysis in my database, is this entry accurate? Will it
> affect what mixes my system will produce?

That config item is set to false by default for non-Linux, if it is not
set in the config file. However, later you should have seen other lines
'Tracks have not been analysed with Essentia, attribute filtering
disabled' or 'Will use Essentia attributes to filter tracks (highlevel)'
-- do you see those? The code checks if Essentia is enabled then queries
the DB to see if tracks have highlevel attributes. They would be in the
section you have removed from your example output.

Just noticed this check might not have been 100% so have made some
slight changes.

prabbit wrote:
> 2. It appears that tracks are filtered based on high-level attributes.
> Is that how I should read the "FILTERED" lines?

Your example 'FILTERED' lines are all Essentia low-level - BPM, Key,
loundness.

prabbit wrote:
> Is there a way to adjust for other attributes like party, electronic,
> aggressive, tonal, voice, etc.?

No. And, I'm not sure the current filtering of these makes that much
sense.

prabbit wrote:
> There is an instance of a USABLE track in the list. It has these scores:
> Similarity:0.042277 AdjSim:0.19227686300873756. These are relative
> scores calculated from values in the settings along with values from
> music-similarity.db. We see the calculated score for the track being
> compared. I couldn't find a similar score for the SEED track. Is there
> one? If not, could there be one?

The similarity score is how similar a track is to the seed - a low value
=> high similarity. So, it would make no sense to have a similarity
score to itself - it will always be 0.0, as its the same track.

prabbit wrote:
> I'd like to be able to see the two scores relative to each other. It
> would help me understand how Essentia/Musly/Music-Similarity are working
> so that I can best manipulate it.

There is only one score.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.