Anyone running iPeng on MacOS and using its Playback facility?

M1 Macs will run some iOS apps, like iPeng, and iPeng's Playback option
turns iPeng into an LMS player.

Certainly iPeng runs on my MacBook Air M1 and delivers Playback, but I
have a problem with it crashing when I try to play certain radio
streams.

I should add that I can play any and every one of these streams
perfectly well using iPeng with Playback on iOS devices, like my iPhone
or iPad. ItÂ’s only when I try Playback on the Mac that I hit the
problem.

IÂ’ve tried to find common factors among the relevant streams, and
quality seems to be one.

All the 44.1 kHz streams play perfectly (for example Europa Jazz).

The 48 kHz streams do not play (for example D-Dur Classical), nor does a
96 kHz one (Mother Earth). They do not play and they crash iPeng.

The codec does not seem to be a factor—some OGG streams play (for
example Juke), some do not (for example CRo Jazz); some AAC streams play
(for example Jazz24), some do not (Classic Jazz Radio).

IÂ’m connecting the laptop to LMS via wifi, so in iPeng PlaybackÂ’s player
prefs I have bitrate limiting for wifi set to off. I canÂ’t see any other
prefs that might affect the problem.

On the laptop, in Audio MIDI Setup I have my headphone output set to
96kHz 2ch 32-bit Float, which is the highest possible. IÂ’ve tried it at
the other options, 44.1, 48, and 88.2, and that seems to make no
difference.

I have the sense that IÂ’m missing something obvious. I really want to
use iPeng like this on my laptop with headphones for all my radio
streams, which I have collected as Favourites sourced from the excellent
Radio Now Playing app.

Any ideas?