Not designed for MscOS originally, but at the Apple App Store iPeng
presents compatibility info that has "Mac: Requires macOS 11.0 or later
and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip" at the top of a list of specs covering
iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch, and Apple Watch.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway, Jim, and I'll give the iPeng thread
a go. I'd shied away from that originally as such mega-threads—I see the
iPeng one has 8,250 replies—are a bit overwhelming, to say the least. I
also see the last post there suggests Pippin hasn't been active there
for a few months.