bpa wrote:
> There is clearly some side effect in PlayHLS processing and not simply
> due to the called routines. Like MP3, M3U processing is a core part of
> LMS and sometime it is not treated as a replaceable playlist type (e.g.
> M3U routines are sometime directly called rather than indirectly via a
> playlist type lookup).
>
> I'll look some more.
>
> If it is a LMS core issue, I may have to separate out m3u from m3u8
> processing.  When I started PlayHLS - stations used m3u and m3u8 suffix
> as if they were the same just with UTF8 support - now with HLS
> established there is more rigour and it may be possible to have PlayHLS
> deal with m3u8 alone and ignore m3u.

If you look at the log I uploaded yesterday you will see that there is
an additional log entry in the test that I ran without PlayHLS:
[22-04-11 16:51:28.0569]
Slim::Formats::Playlists::M3U::readCurTrackForM3U (203) Found track: 0

This seems to tie in with what you are saying about the core M3U
processing - this seems to be called from Control::Commands line 1549
when it processes a 'playlist resume' command for a filetype of 'M3U'.